By now you will have signed up to my-ankaa, downloaded the app, liked our Facebook page (Thanks for that by the way!) completed your profile, uploaded your certificates and set your alerts, so that’s you done, right? You can just sit back and relax?
To get the most out of your my-ankaa account, you should be updating and maintaining it as you go.
What do we mean by that?
Well it’s simple, every time you start, finish or even gain some extra experience whilst on a trip you should be updating the assignments section of your my-ankaa profile. Or if you get a new certificate, you should upload it via our mobile app straight away, by simply taking a picture.
Why, you ask? Here are 6 reasons why you should be updating your my-ankaa profile regularly:
- Updating your my-ankaa profile on a regular basis saves you time, especially when you need to send your CV to a potential employer at short notice – you have already saved yourself hours in administration work as it’s all there for you.
- You will be able to quickly share your latest experience with potential employers at a click of a button – all you need to do is share a link with them.
- You can quickly download an up-to-date and professional CV at a moment’s notice as we have it already made up for you, all you need to do is export it. *
- With an up-to-date profile you can see at a glance your latest sea time – in company, on a vessel type or in a rank. Perhaps you are checking to see if you can apply for your next certificate all available through sea service analytics on your dashboard.
- Upload all your certificates, as you renew them or as you get them, then receive timely alerts when they are next due.
- By updating any extra experience into specific assignments, as you gain it e.g. trading area, cargoes, grade changes, major dry-dockings, engine overhaul work etc. By doing this you are giving your CV more detail which gives recruiters and potential employers a better understanding of what you can do. This could make the difference between getting a job and not.
* Please note the professional CV download is part of our premium features, but Sea Service Analytics are free to all, where you can choose which parts of your profile and which documents you want to send to your employer or agency. Upgrading your account to go Premium is easy, just click here.
We hope that you now see the benefit of updating your profile regularly, if you have any questions please visit our FAQ page or get in touch here.
If you haven’t already signed up to my-ankaa, you can do so by clicking here